- About Us
- IW Magazine
|International Wood Magazine Design Contest|
2020 Innovative Home Education and Work Spaces Challenge
Two Contest Categories:
Creative Home Education Spaces / Innovative Home Office Spaces
Goal of the Contest:
As we all adapt to 2020 and the challenges of working and learning at home, we challenge designers to illustrate unique and creative ways beautiful and high performance wooden products and furniture can be used in the design of small scale home education and home office spaces that reflect the needs of the current realities of the COVID era.
Official Rules of 2020 Inspiration Awards for Designers:
Win a designer spotlight story in the International Wood Magazine (both digital and print editions) and be featured on the International Wood Products Association website. Each of the two winners will also receive a prize of a $200 Amazon gift card.
Submissions may be submitted as computer renderings or as hand-drawn sketches. A winner will be designated for each category: (1) Creative Home Education Spaces (2) Innovative Home Office Spaces. Winners will be chosen by a small panel of experts from the membership of the International Wood Products Association.
2020 Visual Impression Rendering Accepted Image submissions:
1. Eligibility: Employees of the International Wood Products Association are not eligible. A participant may submit one or more output(s). Participants can enter renderings in both categories but can only win once in this contest (i.e. in one of the categories: the winners will be chosen in the following order: Creative Home Education Spaces / Innovative Home Office Spaces.
2. Details: Both winners of the contest will be contacted no later than September 20, 2020 and will be announced via a 2020 International Wood Magazine email blast on November 6, 2020 The winners will each win a $200 Amazon gift card and 2020 article spotlight in the 2020 International Wood Magazine and be featured on the 2020 International Wood Products Association website. The winner must provide complete information, including his or her name, employer, telephone number, and e-mail address to IWPA or the prize will be forfeited to the next valid winner. To determine the winner and the authenticity of the design, the participants should include a brief summary of why they chose the design they created. Winner is responsible for any state, provincial, federal or local taxes if applicable.
3. How to Enter: Submit your sketch or rendering to the “Inspiration Awards for Office Designers” contest page from September 1st - September 24th, 2020. The International Wood Products Association is not responsible for late, lost, or misdirected invitations; for communication or transmission errors; or for any accident or printing, administrative, or other error of any kind in connection with this contest.
4. International Wood Products Association (IWPA) rights and obligations: IWPA disclaims any liability for damage resulting from participation in this contest and reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate, or suspend this contest should any unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond IWPA control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the contest. IWPA reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if his or her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the sweepstakes. By submitting your output, you grant to IWPA the right to use and promote the entrant’s output, name, quotes, company name (if applicable) and image for its future marketing activities including, but not limited to, online/paper publications and promotional or training videos.
5. Odds of Winning/Judging Process: Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. The winning outputs will be announced by the International Wood Products Association on or before October 5, 2020. The top five (5) finalists for each category will be determined by a panel made up of IWPA board members who will vote on the final winner. By participating, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. IWPA’s decisions are final. Winner agrees to allow his/her name and employer name to be used in print and online and in possible future advertisements and news releases of International Wood Products Association. To determine the winner and the authenticity of the design, the participants with the highest amounts of votes (top five in each category) will be contacted by IWPA for verification, including a brief quote explaining the inspiration for the design.
6. Disclaimer of Warranties: The Amazon eGift Card is “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, concerning its appearance, safety, or performance. The individual winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to the prize after it has been delivered.
7. Additional Restrictions: This contest is void where prohibited. All federal, state, provincial, municipal, and local laws and regulations apply. Prizes are not transferable. No substitution is permitted. The International Wood Products Association reserves the right to cancel or suspend this contest at any time.
Enter to Win the IW Magazine 2020 Innovative Home Education and Work Spaces Challenge: